Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Crazies is A Steaming Pile of Poop. I liked it.

Let's not mince words here. The Crazies is a terrible movie. If "Land of the Dead" and "Diary of the Dead" had a baby, this would be the movie that resulted... except that it would have been put up for adoption afterward in disgust. To prove my point I only have to mention the fact (spoiler alert.. like it matters) the main characters narrowly escape a nuclear explosion by outrunning it with a Mac Truck at the end. Makes sense.

But that said, I had a lot of fun watching this movie. I really like terrible movies sometimes. The reason is, I don't have to judge them. I don't have to think about if this is Oscar worthy, or if it's blockbuster worthy.. I can just sit back and watch this Mac Truck train wreck play out. I already know it's terrible, and it makes me happy. I laughed throughout this whole movie, I made snide remarks to the screen. Nobody cared, they all knew they were watching poop on film.

Best scene from the movie: Car Wash.
Terrifying if you will. Imagine, you drive into a car wash. You look out the window and, THE BRUSHES ARE MOVING REALLY FAST. You try to escape but THE SOAP CAUSES YOUR TIRES TO LOSE FRICTION. The suspense is terrifying, you can not escape. After the car wash you get out, the car is sparkling. Suddenly a missile blows up your car. End scene.

1 comment: